Helko Classic Journeyman Pack Axe - 50 cm - 1050 gram . . . . 110706
Read more ...
Helko Classic Journeyman Pack Axe - 50 cm
The Classic Journeyman is Helko's solution to the quest for the ultimate wilderness pack axe. A cross between a hatchet and conventional axe, this pack axe is designed to be lightweight, compact, and easy to carry while trekking through the wilderness. The weight and length allow for either one or two handed use, and it is equally capable of both cutting and splitting work. The Journeyman is the perfect all-purpose companion for the backpacker, camper, or woodsman. The butt end, opposite to the blade, can be used for light hammering and is perfect for striking in tent stakes.
Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath or optional Deluxe leather sheath.
Head = 700 gram
• C50 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened blade
• Stamped with 'Helko' crown mark
• Crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using hardwood wedge and round steel ring wedge