Helko Classic Scout Axe - 70 cm - 1600 gram . . . . 110707
Read more ...
Helko Classic Scout Axe - 70 cm
The Classic Scout is a compact, lightweight axe well suited for backpacking, camping, and general backyard use. Also referred to as a "boy's axe" due to its small size, the Scout was designed for light felling, splitting, and cutting work.
Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath or optional Deluxe leather sheath.
• C50 high grade carbon steel
Head = 1100 gram
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened blade
• Stamped with 'Helko' crown mark
• Crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using hardwood wedge and round steel ring wedge