Helko Traditional Black Forest Woodworker Axe - 60 cm - 1500 gram . . . 110703
Read more ...
Helko Traditional Black Forest Woodworker Axe
The Black Forest Woodworker is Helko’s flagship axe. This axe is the quintessential tool for the woodsman. Its compact size provides substantial versatility, allowing it to be used as both a lightweight work axe and a dependable packing tool. The Black Forest Woodworker features Helko’s Rheinland pattern axe head, and performs exceptionally well as a cutting tool, while still being able to handle moderate splitting work. This compact robust axe is a go-to for a variety of tasks, including felling small trees, splitting firewood, clearing brush, limbing branches and preparing kindling.
Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath or optional Deluxe leather sheath.
Head = 1000 gram
• C50 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened blade
• Stamped with 'Helko' crown mark
• Hand crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using hardwood wedge and round steel ring wedge